AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I been reading about wiring SI-HT18 D4 to the 6000DSP amp:

Or 2x SI-HT18 D4:

"chalugadp" wrote: "With the 6000dsp, the d4 drivers are again a good choice because they can be wired in series for 8 ohms per driver. one driver per channel produces about 1100 watts to each driver. HOWEVER, this configuration is much less taxing on the amp."

Since I own 2x SI-HT18 D4, should I wire them for 4 ohm load like in the picture above?
This part is little bit confusing :confused: Thank you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The diagram you posted results in a 2 ohm load per channel. Figure 2 below would get you the 8 ohm load per channel you are looking for, and you should be able to put one driver per channel on the iNuke 6k. That's what he's recommending.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks like g money and I were typing at same time

I been reading about wiring SI-HT18 D4 to the 6000DSP amp:

Or 2x SI-HT18 D4:

"chalugadp" wrote: "With the 6000dsp, the d4 drivers are again a good choice because they can be wired in series for 8 ohms per driver. one driver per channel produces about 1100 watts to each driver. HOWEVER, this configuration is much less taxing on the amp."

Since I own 2x SI-HT18 D4, should I wire them for 4 ohm load like in the picture above?
This part is little bit confusing :confused: Thank you.

With d4 you can only do 2 ohm or 8 if you want to use each channel I would use Each channel at 8 ohms or you could wire them both together for a 4 ohm load on one channel, the 6000 is not 2 ohm stable if I remember right

Looks like g money and I were typing at same time

·
Registered
615 Posts
The picture has both drivers wired in parallel + to +, - to -. By wiring it this way each sub will be configured into a 2 ohm load however the 6000 is not capable of doing that so you need to wire in series + to -, + to -. By doing this each sub is now at an 8ohm load. Now you can run the amp in bridged mode the amp will see half of 8 which will be 4ohms plus you can run the amp at this all day long. Make sure when you hook it up use ch. A for the input and use each sub for the output. The connectors have to be wired +1 -2. I have a 3000DSP everything is the same except the 3000 will run a 2 ohm load. I also have the same sub soon to be 2. You will be impressed lots of power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts