AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built a 2x4 frame (wrapped in felt) for my micro perf Stewart screen material (right place right time for a SCORE on the used market)...

I have attached the screen to the home made frame using washers and screws in the standard snaps surrounding the screen. I have numerous wrinkles in the fabric that I am not sure how to get rid of. I am leaving it for the night hoping that some magicaly go away...

Any ideas how to resolve them when they do not go away tonight?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan /forum/post/18253387

Your Frame must be large enough to accommodate some serious stretching/pulling of the material. The Micro-perf isn't a substance you can "roll" over an edge.

Good luck with all that though......

I will continue the wrestle it into submision approach tonight. For 150.00 screen and 60.00 wood / felt / hardware I simply can't imagine better for less money. Worth the aggravation I am sure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not that anyone was on the edge of thier seats waiting for a success / failure update... Many hours later and a TON of rework and the screen is a beauty!!!! One minor wrinkle but it will be covered with the actual frame surround. All in all I am extremely happy.

I now have a 96" wide stewart MicroPerf 130 with a gain of 2 for my CRT... Only sunk about $210.00 into this project!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts