AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone first time poster here looking for advice,

Want to do a DIY sub in a open media room which has a bar at the back, the room dimensions are about 20'x 40' with 9'. Currently have a 5 speaker setup now without the sub. Polk TSI 400 fronts TSI 200 rears CS20 center. listening will be 60/40 ht/music.

If possible I would like the dimensions on the sub to be around 20" all around but would do 25" all around. Of course smaller would be acceptable:)

I currently have a Crown XLS 1000 hopefully that will be enough to power the sub. If not, open to suggestions.

Budget not being an issue so not dollar amount given.

Thanks in advance for everyone's advice

·
Registered
756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB Rusty  /t/1467670/diy-sub-suggestions-needed#post_23187474

Hello everyone first time poster here looking for advice,

Want to do a DIY sub in a open media room which has a bar at the back, the room dimensions are about 20'x 40' with 9'. Currently have a 5 speaker setup now without the sub. Polk TSI 400 fronts TSI 200 rears CS20 center. listening will be 60/40 ht/music.

If possible I would like the dimensions on the sub to be around 20" all around but would do 25" all around. Of course smaller would be acceptable:)

I currently have a Crown XLS 1000 hopefully that will be enough to power the sub. If not, open to suggestions.

Budget not being an issue so not dollar amount given.

Thanks in advance for everyone's advice

Hm. Well you can easily build a sealed Dayton 18" HO and power it with the Crown XLS 1000. That's exactly what I have. But, my room is only about 2400 cu ft while your room is 7200 cu ft. That's huge, and would probably require multiples.

It depends on how much bass you want. If you just want to hear it, then a single Dayton 18" (or SI 18") in a 4 cu ft enclosure would suffice. But, if you want to have strong output you will need more. Perhaps 4 or 8 of these.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response and suggestion. Was verifying my room dimensions. They are off by 10' don't know if that makes much of a difference. It is actually actually 20x30x9.

I do intend to dual subs later on but just one for now as i currently have none.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts