AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going duel and will be building 2 sub enclosures containing Dayton Audio UM18-22's. Figuring out what amp I should get and I'm reading more about the importance of a DSP being built in. Example being a Behringer NX6000 vs NX6000D. The one is double the price here in Canada so I am obviously hoping my AVR is capable enough without needing the dsp.

I am running a Denon AVR-X4500H.

Cheers.

·
Registered
I like big cones and I cannot lie !
2,175 Posts
Your avr will not cut it. You need dsp.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Go the MiniDSP 2x4 HD as it's future proof as far as your Behringer ****ting the bed or you're wanting more power from a different amp perspective goes.
I'm in Australia so understand the stupid price difference of things!
The 2x4 can also do sub 20hz DSP as well as easy tuning with REW (auto or biquad). It's almost infinitely variable and you'll need a microphone anyway (Umik-1) so buy both from MiniDSP or elsewhere at the same time...
That's my 2¢

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go the MiniDSP 2x4 HD as it's future proof as far as your Behringer ****ting the bed or you're wanting more power from a different amp perspective goes.
I'm in Australia so understand the stupid price difference of things!
The 2x4 can also do sub 20hz DSP as well as easy tuning with REW (auto or biquad). It's almost infinitely variable and you'll need a microphone anyway (Umik-1) so buy both from MiniDSP or elsewhere at the same time...
That's my 2¢
Will the MiniDSP suffice or is the HD a much better option for my application?

·
Registered
181 Posts
For subs it should be enough with the lesser power of the 2x4 but it's output sensitivity (0.9v) won't suffice to reach top power on most amps, and that's where you need the HD.

another (much cheaper) alternative is the 3e audio adau1701, it has the adau1701 (same as the 2x4) but it has a sensitivity on 3v (over the 2v of the HD), although, it's programming requieres some knowledge in sigma studio (spoiler it's really really easy).

in all the cases you need the mic. mjnidsp umik1 is recommended much better if you have the calibrated one from spectrum labs (it's like 20 bucks more I think)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
The one is double the price here in Canada
So the dsp version is double the price of the non-dsp versiono_O🤨

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
That is absolutely insane!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
for that price the DSP version isn't worth it, in the states it isn't much of a price hike and makes more sense to get the DSP version. I agree with others go ahead and get a 2x4.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
There is nothing "stopping" a Canadian from buying it from the USA. Canadians pay the same price as Americans do for all equipment, the only difference is: currency conversion.
The Canadian peso isn't worth as much because: Canada doesn't have 666 military bases worldwide to extort oil, oops I mean "provide freedom" to rest the world, and therefore isn't the select world-power/currency. :p

The expensive part is mostly the "getting it there" part.
i.e. Import fees, Taxes and Shipping added to it.
When the borders were open, non-QR Passports still had value, but just keep waiting in those 2 week or 2 decade increments for polynomial shapes to turn into linear regression lines, i.e. waiting for permission to be allowed to-exist.

I guess that is what you get for not being a psychopath Canada, deal with it... while apologizing for something you haven't done! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts