AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which compression/stripper tools to buy. Is there a thread on tool reviews? If not we should start one. There is a large selection of tools out there, and I am sure some are not worth the $$$ they cost.

Any suggestion on what to look at or avoid. I have searched many threads that mention "this one works" ... but not all in a convenient place.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The Paladin tool is of better quality than the parts express one. I have the parts express tool and it works fine, it's just not as nice as the Paladin. That price on Tiger is really good too!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
What are you trying to compress/strip? What are you connecting it to?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up buying the Paladin kit. I got it yesterday and it looks great, now just setting the adjustments. To answer the question on what i am connecting.. just F connectors for now, but I like to buy good tools that will last and be useful. I got all my wires installed and now just need to mount the box and terminate the wires. The cable guy was there today and hooked me up with HD and digital phone, along with cable internet. He was confused why I had all new wiring until i showed him the mess what was there. They thanked me for making it soooo easy.

When i strip the RG6 do i cut the outer most shield away, or fold all 4 shields back? I have read conflicting articles.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws6468
I ended up buying the Paladin kit. I got it yesterday and it looks great, now just setting the adjustments. To answer the question on what i am connecting.. just F connectors for now, but I like to buy good tools that will last and be useful. I got all my wires installed and now just need to mount the box and terminate the wires. The cable guy was there today and hooked me up with HD and digital phone, along with cable internet. He was confused why I had all new wiring until i showed him the mess what was there. They thanked me for making it soooo easy.

When i strip the RG6 do i cut the outer most shield away, or fold all 4 shields back? I have read conflicting articles.
So is this tool supposed to do different connections or just F connectors?

Also have you seen this instructions:
http://www.hometech.com/learn/coaxterm.html

Not sure if it helps.

Edit.... Watch the video up top. Cheesy but really good at showing exactly how to do a RG6 Quad Shield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.