AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing mixed reviews on the Dayton UM18-22. Some say it is great for ULF but not really good at mid bass (mixed results when determining when midbass starts?). Is that something I should worry about if I crossover at 80hz?

Currently I am using a cheap PSW505 and it seems to do 30-80hz without any nulls. Will I see an upgrade with the UM18 other than ULF, the PSW505 plays plenty loud already?

LCR - HTD LEVEL 3
surround L/R - Polk Monitor 40
Height - Polk Monitor 30
12" PSW505

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
The UM will be an upgrade in every way possible other than size and price.

No trouble with an 80hz xo.

Just be sure to test the driver free air right away to check for quality control issues. PE will replace it if you find anything wrong within the return period.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just be sure to test the driver free air right away to check for quality control issues. PE will replace it if you find anything wrong within the return period.
Has there been issues in the last batch of UM18-22's Samps? I'm in Australia and although I received mine at the end of June I haven't inspected or tested them as I've got a room build in process atm....

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Has there been issues in the last batch of UM18-22's Samps? I'm in Australia and although I received mine at the end of June I haven't inspected or tested them as I've got a room build in process atm....

I can't speak for anyone else but I also got a pair of UM18-22's at the end of June and they're humming along no problem. I would think that if this last batch had a lot of problems then we'd probably have heard about it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Will do and thanks. I've got the DATS speaker tester so will give them a good warm up after checking how they measure....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts