AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im making my own DIY wall mount for my Optoma HD70 , used 2 12x10 shelf brackets to hold to wal and a 13"x13" piece of 1/2" MDF as the shelf, painted it white so it matches wall and projector.

Now to the question - I need to drill 3 holes in the wood to stick the M3 Bolts through to mount to the projector - How would you go about marking the holes on the wood?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Several way's...........hear are a few low tech ways....Turn pj over and make a paper pattern of the bottom of the unit and mark the hole location..............OR a method I used on my mount was to measure the length of the legs on my unit and then I cut off 4 crayons a little (longer) than the legs, I screwed the pointed end of the crayans into the mounting holes..............all crayons should be a little longer than the legs of the pj......turn her over and set her down on the mount and apply a little pressure...........you should end up with marks.......if not use a little of your wife's lip stick to coat the bottom of the crayons OR if your mounting BOLTS are long enough you can due the same lip stick method on the bolt heads to make marks.

Hope this helps a little

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.