AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm just wandering if anyone has any experience building or sourcing diysg speakers in Oz.

I would like to do 3 pairs of volt 10s for my surrounds and eventually do some 1299s for LCR.

Is it possible to source the parts here anywhere?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
You could email him and ask for parts only not including the cabinet which you would have to build yourself. Whether he allows that or not idk but we do gets stabbed with tax on every import now so there's that to consider! Maybe contact Paul Spencer at Red Spade Audio here in Australia and see what he could do via custom design or his opinion at the least. I doubt his price is anywhere near the value of DIYSG though...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could email him and ask for parts only not including the cabinet which you would have to build yourself. Whether he allows that or not idk but we do gets stabbed with tax on every import now so there's that to consider! Maybe contact Paul Spencer at Red Spade Audio here in Australia and see what he could do via custom design or his opinion at the least. I doubt his price is anywhere near the value of DIYSG though...
I'd prefer to build the cabinet myself anyway. I'll email him and see how I go. I'll report back.

Yeah tax is one thing but warranty is another. I'd prefer to source parts in Aus if I can.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
You can source some of the parts here in OZ. Not always the cheapest route but you can definitely do that. Some parts you can not get so you will have to source those from Erich. Most of the time using a forwarding company is the easiest option for stuff from the US.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts