AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A pair of Helix Ribbon MT speakers from the DIY Sound Group and designed by Jeff Bagby. For both music and movies they are terrific, great low end and smooth sound throughout. Matt assembled the crossovers for me on PCBs, very professional quality.

The speakers are painted with multiple coats of black paint and matte polyurethane. I wanted to keep them protected and easy to clean off dust or fingerprints. No, the finish is not perfect, but the baffles most importantly turned out great.

My asking price is $400 OBO (cost me $500+ to build) and located in 45242. Post or PM me if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just heard of Jeff Bagby's passing last month. A tremendous loss to the community. Although I wish I could find a proper place/use in my home for these speakers, I just don't and I'm hoping to find an owner who can. So let's try again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Steve,

I sent you a PM a couple days ago. Were you able to open it? Would appreciate a response either way, post or PM, letting me know if you're still interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, I can't even reply to a PM!

I'm not local (in Oakland, CA) and wanted to see if you were open to try shipping using Amtrak Express Shipping. The speakers would need to be well packaged and then dropped off at an Amtrak Station, where I would pick them up at the local Amtrak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts