AVS Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
Hopefully they release the VBSS flat packs, I'm in the market for 2-4 of them.
I've had the VBSS flat packs and shipping boxes here for 3-4 months but keep forgetting to figure the price and put them in stock.

Right after I had those and some other cabinets made up FedEx and UPS both changed their shipping rules. The heaviest package you could ship before a surcharge used to be 70lbs. No problem. I was shooting for about 65lbs on the VBSS when fully packaged. I ordered the custom shipping boxes and the final cost looked really good.

Well both shipping companies dropped that max package weight from 70lbs all the way down to just 50lbs!! :rolleyes: Any package over 50lbs now gets hit with the surcharge. What's the surcharge? $24. The surcharge was actually more than the profit on the whole flat pack. So I lost interest for a while and never got back to figuring a selling price.

That's why I haven't bothered putting up the VBSS or the ported 15's yet even though both are here. I have to do it soon though because one of the flat pack options for the Titan-818 is actually the VBSS cabinet.

·
Premium Member
7,217 Posts
I've had the VBSS flat packs and shipping boxes here for 3-4 months but keep forgetting to figure the price and put them in stock.

Right after I had those and some other cabinets made up FedEx and UPS both changed their shipping rules. The heaviest package you could ship before a surcharge used to be 70lbs. No problem. I was shooting for about 65lbs on the VBSS when fully packaged. I ordered the custom shipping boxes and the final cost looked really good.

Well both shipping companies dropped that max package weight from 70lbs all the way down to just 50lbs!! :rolleyes: Any package over 50lbs now gets hit with the surcharge. What's the surcharge? $24. The surcharge was actually more than the profit on the whole flat pack. So I lost interest for a while and never got back to figuring a selling price.

That's why I haven't bothered putting up the VBSS or the ported 15's yet even though both are here. I have to do it soon though because one of the flat pack options for the Titan-818 is actually the VBSS cabinet.
Shipping cost is what it is. I would just add it to the total price charged. Less being bought due to higher price is better than zero being bought

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
^^^I agree with brian6751 in regards to shipping. Just factor in the shipping surcharge into the price.

·
Registered
320 Posts
hey all, sitting on 3 fusion 8s in the basement, possibly thinking of moving them upstairs and replacing them with something. haven't been doing much paying attention as of the last few years

curious, is there a quick definition of what each series was trying to accomplish or focus on in their design, possibly a ranking as well? (edit: yes i'm aware of the blurb on the site, however it feels more marketing speak)

(making this up)

HT - home theater line up, economy builds
HTM - home theather lineup, top end compression drivers, step up from HT series
Fusion (new - upcoming) - similar to home theather but with drivers that go deeper, better blend of music and home theater speakers
Fusion (old) - a step below HTM, but above HT?

·
Registered
50 Posts

Can I just pay the surcharge? That'd be absolutely fine as well.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm looking to purchase new LCR's in the next month or so. The 818 has me intrigued, but the new higher end speakers have me even more intrigued haha! Are we talking Ribbon tweeter? When will they be available? An estimate. Don't hold out on us lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im framing my screen wall next so i have to make up my mind on which diysg lcr to go with as well. I was headed towards htm. Then i read an avantgard trio owner talk about the titan. They also have been compared to klipschorns. Overkill yes but i love the effortless sound and dynamics of he speakers. My room is 17x20. Too small for a 618 or 818 titan? Any titan owners here that can tell me if speaker hiss would be a problem? I probably listen to music at least 1/3rd the time. If relevant, i will be powering with the new anthem when it comes out.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts