AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm looking for a little bit of guidance in relation to my home theater thread (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...ed-theater-build-questions-advice-needed.html). My CIC has granted me additional funds, so I can now actually purchase my audio equipment. I decided that I wanted something special, and I will be doing all speakers as "DIY". Air quotes since I will be using kits from DIYSG. I've already bought the subs (2x SI-HT 18's in Stonehenge boxes), however the rest is open for now. I'm thinking of doing 3x Fusion 8 Alchemy Towers for the LCR, and Fusion 6's for surrounds and ceilings. Alternatively I've heard that the Volt 6/8's are better for ceiling Atmos speakers since they're coax (I have no idea). So now I have a couple of questions:

1.) Would going with Fusion + Volt 6's in the ceiling be bad in terms of mixing/matching speakers?
2.) Regardless, for these kits, should I still be installing backer boxes since they're already sealed boxes?
3.) If #3 is yes, then should the boxes be flush, and how exactly do you keep the speaker box inside the backer box?

I've asked Erich but I know he's a busy guy so I'm looking for some general advice. Additionally, I really do not want to build my own crossovers, so I'm not sure of what to do if the option of a preassembled crossover isn't offered with DIYSG.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts