AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 2 weeks since I ordered the flat packs for the Fusion4 Quad 4,and since I haven't heard anything,I checked the site to see that it's still processing...I also notice the new disclaimer "This enclosure is only available for purchase if you are ordering, or have ordered the speaker kit it goes with" which I'm pretty sure wasn't on there when I placed and paid for the order.I can't see it allowing me to purchase one without the other being in stock(I emailed on 2-22-15 asking when these would be back in stock) I was hoping to work on the cabinets while I was off work this week in hopes the rest would be ready for my next time off.
Should I be worried? contact paypal? I've seen nothing but good reviews on their customer service and I can't see shipping taking this long when I live in the same state.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Unusual subject line. Yes like you said, you sent me 2 emails on the 22nd asking when the Fusion-4 would be in stock, and then asking if there was a discount if 4 were purchased. I replied to both emails that day. On the 26th you send another email asking if you could pick the kits up instead of shipping. I replied that day and said yes. You sent me another email about an hour ago matching this thread and I replied to that as well. So yes sir, DIY Sound Group is still open. ;)

Orders don't take 2 weeks unless something is custom about them. 5-8 days usually like it says in the FAQ's and on kit pages. I think it's about 5 days right now, sometimes that day if it's easy.

That's not a new disclaimer. The flat packs that go with specific kits have always said they can only be purchased if you are ordering or did order the kit that goes with them. That's because the flat packs don't come with baffles since the baffles come with the kit. The writing has always been there.

I get a lot of people that order the flat packs all the time without the kit. When they do, I contact them and ask them if they are planning to order the kit, explain about the baffles, and wait to see what they say.

I sent you an email after your order 2 weeks ago. You sent me an email about an hour ago that read like your post above and I replied to it. You might check your spam filter, maybe the other one went there. Just in case, here is what I just replied to you in an email:

Your Name,

All of the kit flat packs have always said that because the front baffle comes with kit, not the flat pack. I don't take the flat pack out of stock when the kit is out of stock because some kits use the same flat packs as others.

I sent you an email asking if you were planning on ordering the Fusion-4 kit at some point and that I was waiting on baffles from the cabinet company and would be getting them up soon if you wanted to wait.

Erich

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Never had a problem with Erich. The stuff may take a while, but you'll always get it. I think it took 2-3 weeks to get the 4cuft sub flat packs, no biggie.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I can't recall any orders taking 2 weeks recently unless something isn't in stock but the person wants to order anyway. Or if I have a note saying the 4cuft flat packs have arrived, but I won't be able to package them up for a week. Sometimes people will go ahead and order just to be sure they get them even though they know it wouldn't be shipped out for a little while. I've gotten more away from doing that though because it's harder to track.

I've got a bunch of 4cuft flat packs for the SI-18 right now, with a note on their page, but didn't want to put them in stock yet because I can't package for a week.

·
Registered
970 Posts
whats the cost on those flat packs? And how much does it usually cost to ship ?

Did you really just ask that question. lol Just visit the website. Must be a rhetorical question. :)

Reactions: its phillip

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't recall any orders taking 2 weeks recently unless something isn't in stock but the person wants to order anyway. Or if I have a note saying the 4cuft flat packs have arrived, but I won't be able to package them up for a week. Sometimes people will go ahead and order just to be sure they get them even though they know it wouldn't be shipped out for a little while. I've gotten more away from doing that though because it's harder to track.

I've got a bunch of 4cuft flat packs for the SI-18 right now, with a note on their page, but didn't want to put them in stock yet because I can't package for a week.
Score, I'm going to be finishing up my first one this coming weekend and I'm already accepting that I will order another one from you soon:D Everybody needs two at least 18s!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts