AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Erich marked the Titans in stock this morning. Who's ordering some? Who's going to enclose the waveguides?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Two for me to replace my 615lxs. Waveguides just sitting on top for now with the brackets. I'd like a shallower wider bass bin like is available for the 615 but couldnt risk the precious going out of stock.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two for me to replace my 615lxs. Waveguides just sitting on top for now with the brackets. I'd like a shallower wider bass bin like is available for the 615 but couldnt risk the precious going out of stock.
Your plans for the 615?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yup placed my order this morning, probably going enclosed top this go around much like what you put together Tarponater in that other build for the one guy. The website lists options for a 5 cu ft box or a 6 for the woofers... I am trying to find out the difference. I suspect the 6 has a lower frequency response but not sure.

Either way I will build my own cabinets just like I did for my 615s. My 1099s were the only flat packs I bought and that's when I was brand new to the whole thing. I prefer to make my own now that my wood working tool collection has been expanded a bit.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Wonder how these compare to the 4722n's.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup placed my order this morning, probably going enclosed top this go around much like what you put together Tarponater in that other build for the one guy. The website lists options for a 5 cu ft box or a 6 for the woofers... I am trying to find out the difference. I suspect the 6 has a lower frequency response but not sure.

Either way I will build my own cabinets just like I did for my 615s. My 1099s were the only flat packs I bought and that's when I was brand new to the whole thing. I prefer to make my own now that my wood working tool collection has been expanded a bit.
Looks like a few guys are going from 615 to 818. Looking forward to hearing how they compare.

Reactions: filtor1

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its been about 13 hrs since the Titan was restocked and still shows available. Looks like either Erich got more than the 15 units which he initially had added to the inventory or folks are still deciding whether to pull the trigger or not and there are still a few more left off the inventory (just 4 more to be precise). Glad I stayed awake against my own judgement last night when the alert came in on the restocking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Erich marked the Titans in stock this morning. Who's ordering some? Who's going to enclose the waveguides?

Now that you've built one with enclosed waveguides, what is your opinion on adding another layer to the flatpacks to make the waveguides into an enclosed model? I'm to run this by Erich as well for his thoughts on it. Though i've the tools to build my own, not in a mood to mess around with the dust with my current garage condition as we are strictly entertaining anyone visiting us in the garage and can't take any chances with the WAF..Speaking about that, still trying to find an explanation on how to disclose to her about this purchase..Hope I still get to live in this house even to see the package delivered. (Think, Think, Think)

·
Registered
187 Posts
It’s exciting to see the Titan 818s finally in stock! Hopefully some build threads will start popping up soon, and I’m anxious to hear some feedback from someone with experience with the 615s, as well as some of the JBL offerings.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that you've built one with enclosed waveguides, what is your opinion on adding another layer to the flatpacks to make the waveguides into an enclosed model? I'm to run this by Erich as well for his thoughts on it.
I prefer the look of the fully enclosed waveguides. We already discussed it with @mtg90 , he said it's fine. Just put some dampening material in the waveguide chamber.

Reactions: tamilsinma

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
What's the total height of these bad boys with the waveguide section on top? (my center channel location is height limited)

EDIT: I found it. 26" + 16.5"

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Its been about 13 hrs since the Titan was restocked and still shows available. Looks like either Erich got more than the 15 units which he initially had added to the inventory or folks are still deciding whether to pull the trigger or not and there are still a few more left off the inventory (just 4 more to be precise). Glad I stayed awake against my own judgement last night when the alert came in on the restocking.
Keep in mind he may be easing in additional stock as he gauges demand. I ordered a little after midnight, then someone mentioned it was out of stock around 6.30am but back in stock shortly after. So he may have 50 or whatever, but just not putting it all out there at once. Still I definitely wouldnt delay if anyone wants one.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Speaking about that, still trying to find an explanation on how to disclose to her about this purchase..Hope I still get to live in this house even to see the package delivered. (Think, Think, Think)
They were on closout at half normal pricing, it would have been crazy for you to not take advantage of the deal.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
That’s great news that Erich has these kits in stock! I just wish I was past the dreaming/design phase and had the room addition underway so I could buy a set.

Mike
Me too! I am racking my brain trying to figure out how to swing it even though my theater build is years off.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
Yeah. I'm still finishing up an LCR set of 1099's. I'm going to try them against my HTM-12's. Titans are my dream end-game, "I won't ever need another speaker". I got impatient with waiting and don't really know how to fit the center speaker (I'd need to raise the TV I guess) so I pulled the trigger on the 1099's. And now this. :) I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with the 1099's though. :)

I'm glad Erich is putting these together. Maybe I can give them a shot sometime down the road and I'm happy that others will get to enjoy them, write up some build threads, and share reviews of them.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts