AVS Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts
I have also owned Klipsch towers also like RF82, KG 4.5, KG4.2 etc. I have also owned PSB towers like the T65. Towers dont work for me as I like using bookshelf with a sub as I can EQ the sub using Anti Mode 8033. But I dont want to EQ the mains like Klipsch using Audyssey as a flat response from Klipsch Horns is what I want to avoid. They are way too forward to listen with a flat response. I have to apply manual EQ to tame down the 2000-4000Hz range to make them tolerable. Even the speakers with dome tweeters like Boston Acoustics CR85 or Def. Tech CLR2000 which I am using now sound terrible without EQ applied to 2-4kHz, probably due to my room
As person who has both RF-82 II and RP-280f, unlike the RF the RP aren't harsh, the horn and driver are different. RP-160m (Bookshelf). You can order from Crutchfield, and return them within 60 days for $10 if you don't like them. Unless you've actually already heard RP series Klipsch, you should consider them.

Reactions: wvu80 and ahblaza

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
I am using now sound terrible without EQ applied to 2-4kHz, probably due to my room

Anyway, sorry for the digression from DIYSG.

Start a new thread.
Post a picture of your room.
What are your acoustic treatments, their placement, your acoustic measurements at seating position, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I stink at trying to divide this stuff up into different categories. Does anyone have an idea for what a series could be named that has a matching left, right, center and surrounds?

For example, the new Cobalt has the MT, MTM, and angled MT surround. All use the same tweeter and woofer. But I'm not sure if there should be a series called Cobalts.

Maybe Cobalt-8, Cobalt-6, Cobalt-4, etc. But if that's done, they'd likely all use dome tweeters. So what happens if there's a similar set that uses a waveguide and compression driver??? Would that be another series of speakers? Or could it be Cobalt-8CD for compression driver?
How about a synonym of surround like environ series or something like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really like the new website! Very well organized.

The apollo MTM speaker really looks enticing! I have been wanting to try the anarchy woofers for a while. It looks like the perfect speaker for someone who doesn't need them. They will probably end up on my porch in a few weeks.

tom

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I've been checking the site as it gradually comes up

Thanks for including such things like rubber feet for the speakers, input terminals and the like in one location. I think I spotted a typo on the Alchemy F8 Center, the crossover point is listed as 2500 Hz while the old site listed it at 1400 Hz which makes more sense.

A question about the upcoming HTM Center that is under development--any idea of the size of the thing, approx. release date and so on? I'll be ordering a kit for my spring time center build in around 6 weeks and wonder if it would be an option. The last I heard was questions to make it a dual 10 or a dual 8. I cast my vote for the dual 8 that could easily be used with the HTM-6/HTM-8 and HTM-10. Should not have any problem keeping up with the HTM-12 either, the 88 Special is used with the Fusion 15s from what the reviewers stated.

Will the info on the new speakers be posted as a sticky on your forum or will that be debuted on AVS? Thanks again for all the hard work! :cool:

201 - 208 of 208 Posts