AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have no idea what he is doing. I'm just saying all businesses front money for a product. You should have used a different example to get your point across, because it clearly didn't work.
You are to be forgiven for not understanding. Erich doesn't run DIYsoundgroup as a FOR PROFIT business, but as a distributor AT NO PROFIT to benefit the DIY community. It's unbelievable he can do that, and I've personally never seen anything else like it.

A normal business "fronts" money for a product, but for every $10 fronted the business needs to sell that product for $14 just to keep the doors open, the lights on and have enough money on hand to order the next round of product to replace the one just sold.

Erich "fronts" the cash for a $10 product and re-sells it for $10 and ten cents. (I don't know the exact markup, but it's not much).

Erich is a national treasure to the DIY community. We can never thank him enough for the sound of the great products we are able to put together for a fraction of the cost of commercially made products.

Hey Erich; thanks. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, that was all my fault. If I knew that sentence was going to be such a point of contention I would have phrased it differently. I meant “front money” like a friend might front you money when it turns out the bar the both of you are drinking at is cash only and you didn’t bring any. Life goes on.

Hey Erich, are the dimensions for the width of the 15” mbm flat pack correct? It says 14.5” which seems a bit too slim for a 15” woofer.

Reactions: lknhomeaudio

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
@wvu80
you nailed it

Erich is a national treasure to the DIY community. We can never thank him enough for the sound of the great products we are able to put together for a fraction of the cost of commercially made products.

after cranking my F15's (with subs) around some more listening to ambient/space from Hearts of Space on spotify,

The sound they put out is so friggin' clear , clean, spaciously huge at about -20 MV more often than not, DSU at -10 isn't as good . . .

the SEOS horns are some awesome science

I can't imagine what it would take in real cash to buy a commercial speaker that could do this. but I guess I'm just spoiled . . .

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Looks like the diysoundgroup site forum is getting hit by spambots...
Really? Wow, that doesn't sound good.

Forgive the dumb question because I don't know anything about it, but how can you tell? Do you suppose those spambots are invading because it's a new web site?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

Forgive the dumb question because I don't know anything about it, but how can you tell? Do you suppose those spambots are invading because it's a new web site?

If there is no captcha or robot checkers enabled you are almost immediately spammed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts

I think he means hificircuit? I looked into the Speaker Kit & Information sub forum earlier today to see if there was any more info on HTM-8 availability and saw some spam post about roid pills or some other crap.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Roaming around the new site now. Very good looking. Easy to navigate. Well done. Every link I have clicked so far directs as it should.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I still have some stuff to add, like home audio flat packs for the new kits and things like that. I'm actually doing that right now.

What drove me nuts were the two categories called 'extra kits and cabinets' and 'paint ready items'. I was hoping to just combine them some how or get rid of the 'extra kits and cabinets', but no idea where to put those sub categories yet. I made a 'extra' category under home theater and home audio so maybe I'll move things in there.

If anyone wants to take a stab at writing something that explains the difference between the home theater series, I'll put that up.

The new site looks great! I noticed all of the sealed subwoofer flat packs are showing out of stock. Also, all of the assembled cabinets are showing out of stock. Any idea when these will be available for ordering? Another thing I noticed is there are not any ported flat packs listed. Are you planning to offer any ported flat packs? Thanks for everything you do for the community!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Site looks great. The name changes of some products may confuse previous customers, for example, the Volt line lost the "LX" designation, and the addition of Alchemy to some such as the 88-Special. I'm going to assume they are the same, but they could be the old Volt design before the crossover changes when the "LX" was introduced.

Also when I filter Home Theater Kits>By Components>4"-8" Woofers, the Alchemy-8 Center doesn't show up in the results. However, it does when I use the path Home Theater Kits>By Series>Alchemy's

·
Registered
264 Posts
Agreed. Really like the change in appearance of the site. The reorganization and relabeling will take some getting used to. Noticed the "Fusion" series has been relabeled as the "Other" line. :p Also interesting to see a potential addition of some accessories including speakons and crimp terminals.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Noticed the "Fusion" series has been relabeled as the "Other" line.

along the lines of "pretty much like no other speaker you've ever auditioned , etc.'

·
Registered
522 Posts
Any ported flat packs for subwoofers?

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
The new site is more than I expected. It went from an amateur look to a professional look worthy of the quality of DIYSG speakers. Little things such as showing speaker kit weight without cabinet and final assembled weight with cabinet is much more useful than the previous shipping weight. As others have pointed out there are some minor discrepancies when you click on lists by category but that's to be expected. This thread can serve as a good place for everyone to point out any discrepancies they find so that they can all be corrected. But I honestly wasn't expecting this level of upgrade and am really impressed.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I really like the new look too. Really professional. It’s going to take some getting used to because things are arranged / labeled differently.
I know it’s early still, but I think it would be GREAT, as someone else mentioned, to have finished pictures of the speakers on its product page. I’m sure there are members here who would be more than happy to submit their pics.
I also remember someone mentioning a guide of some kind to describe which speakers match sound wise, for someone wanting to get a full home theater setup.
I don’t know how much extra work or time these additions would take, but I do think they would be helpful, especially to a person who doesn’t visit this forum.

121 - 140 of 208 Posts