AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had issues getting any information from them about product availability? I messaged Erich here over a week ago and filled out the contact form twice on their website and have never gotten any response. I am looking to built either some volts or HTMs for surrounds but looking to see if and when they will be in stock.

·
Registered
305 Posts
He always replies to my emails, heard from him earlier this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think it's been hit or miss on getting responses. I know Erich has stated that certain emails will block his emails or mark them as spam so I'd recommend checking your spam folder. At one point there was a thread on the hifi circuit forum that he regularly updated for when things would be in stock but it looks like he hasn't posted in over a month on it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Has anyone else had issues getting any information from them about product availability? I messaged Erich here over a week ago and filled out the contact form twice on their website and have never gotten any response. I am looking to built either some volts or HTMs for surrounds but looking to see if and when they will be in stock.
Have you checked your spam folder?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I spoke to him yesterday. He's in the same boat as everyone else, product shortages and long delays in production. Nothing he can do about it. And I'm sure his suppliers dont have an answer either. Keep in mind, if he knew for sure he was getting stock at a certain date I'm sure he'd be happy to take pre orders and get everyone taken care of, but he doesn't have that date.

Reactions: wvu80

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Outlook throws it in the spam folder, gmail you might not see the message at all. Erich is good at replying back to messages. Shipping delays have been keeping supplies from arriving when I talked to Jay and LoudSpeakers Plus. I am sure Erich is in the same boat.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess I will sit tight. Sounds like he has no stock anyway. Frustrating time to be thinking of DIY. I have drivers for my VBSS that keep getting pushed out and Behringer seems to have no stock of amps anywhere in the US. i ordered some PSA speakers and they are back ordered until at least may, lol. This is getting to be as bad as when I ordered a mountain bike last august. I got it in January. 😜

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've never not received an email reply from Erich. I'm sure he'll get back to you.
I'm not trying to put any negativity towards Erich or DIYSG as I'm in the same position as everyone else - waiting in hopes things come back in stock. Just wanted to say I heard this said by many people over the past few months when I reached out to check on availability. I did not receive any response after my first two inquiries I believe. It may have only been once but I believe I reached out a total of 3 times and did not hear back until the last one. I did not have any emails go to spam or junk mail. I would wager that he is busy or doesn't have any information which could explain why he has not been responding or missing emails. Again, not trying to bring any negativity towards him, just offering my perspective.

I would just recommend reaching out again in a week or so if you haven't heard back and mentioning you had reached out a couple times and had not heard back and were just following up again. That's what I did and then he responded.

EDIT: To add to the original question, I inquired about 1099 availability. Here is his response:

Unfortunately I don't know when the 1099's will be back in stock. I'm waiting on multiple crossover parts at the moment.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah it's frustrating times for sure. I had a theater build that wrapped up in November and had plans for DIYSg Titans and volt surrounds and atmos. Had all the baffles cut and installed for the volt 10s but things just weren't coming in stock. I ended up grabbing some retail speakers for LCR, surrounds and atmos since the theater was just sitting and we wanted to start using it.

It does look like things are starting to come in stock but you have to be vigilant in checking the DIYSG site.

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
Just keep in mind that every minute someone running a one-person operation spends replying to emails is one less minute that person has to devote to managing the rest of the business. Instead of trying to answer many individual requests for the same information the time might be better spent updating the website with the latest information which would reduce the number of individual email requests.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah it's frustrating times for sure. I had a theater build that wrapped up in November and had plans for DIYSg Titans and volt surrounds and atmos. Had all the baffles cut and installed for the volt 10s but things just weren't coming in stock. I ended up grabbing some retail speakers for LCR, surrounds and atmos since the theater was just sitting and we wanted to start using it.

It does look like things are starting to come in stock but you have to be vigilant in checking the DIYSG site.

Titans were just in stock a week or two ago.

Reactions: rfbrang

·
Registered
160 Posts
Titans were just in stock a week or two ago.
Yeah I saw that they finally came back in stock. After reaching out several times with no replies I gave up and ordered speakers for the room in late December since the room was done and I had no idea when they would be coming back in stock. I'm happy with the decision because I don't think I could have waited until april with a completed room and no speakers.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
1 - 20 of 80 Posts