AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the best sub-forum...

My Sharp TV doesn't see the DNS-325. On the 325 I enabled it's uPNP service and it finished refreshing the list.

On the TV, I went to the DLNA App and selected search for media server. Nothing is found. Tried multiple times.

Is there anything I'm supposed to do other than that?

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
It would help to know how you are connecting the dns-325 to your TV. Do you have it directly connected to your TV via cat5/6 cable or are you connecting it via your network? Furthermore, does your TV support either set up and format?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both are connected to the same gigabit switch via CAT6.

My PC's can see the network shares and I can connect to the 325's web server.

By either setup, I'm guessing you mean Ethernet and WiFi. Yes, both are supported.

The TV connects just fine to the Internet for Netflix, VuDu, Pandora, etc.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Does it see other DLNA servers like Serviio ?

If it does then it might be a compatibility issue with the UPnP server on the NAS, D-Link use some custom server and not the commonly licensed Twonky server from what I've heard. You would probably have to contact D-Link to find out what's going wrong as they dont give a lot of control over this or the means to replace the server.

If it does not see Serviio then at least you know it may be another issue.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Have you tried connecting your TV with a hard line to the router and see if it works that way.

I know of several people having issues with DNS NAS not being able to be recognized. I tried to find the forum where they eventually found a solution for the problem, but I can't fine it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s /forum/post/21179926

Have you tried connecting your TV with a hard line to the router and see if it works that way.

Um, it's already connected via wire to the same gigabit switch as the NAS. DHCP is provided via reservations on my 2008 DHCP server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s /forum/post/21179926

I know of several people having issues with DNS NAS not being able to be recognized. I tried to find the forum where they eventually found a solution for the problem, but I can't fine it.

If you do, let me know. I've tried to finding out what DLNA my Sharp TV supports but can't. Nothing seems to list versions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm having similar issues with my sharp lc60le632u. It can't seem to detect my network through dlna. It is connecting through it's built in wi-fi and media streaming has been enabled on my windows media player. Any help or direction would be appreciated!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazaloob /forum/post/21292017

It is connecting through it's built in wi-fi

Sorry, are you saying that you CAN get DLNA to work via WiFi or just that you are using WiFi (not wired)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts