AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal, what devices do you know of that can be used as DLNA renderers?

-KODI(XBMC)/JRiver
-Chromecast
-Some Sony Blurays

Long term goal is integration with control4. I don't use C4 at my home but i have customers who have media servers stored on a NAS and would like to use C4 as the control point with external renderers. Now C4 will handle music, but not movies, for that i need an external device. I use XBMC on windows and linux/PS3MediaServer on linux server/BubbleUPnP on android myself, and have experimented with C4 and it works great. Selecting a movie from my library through C4 starts the stream on XBMC. However, most customers would not want a HTPC at every TV location. What are some viable DLNA media renders that aren't cost prohibitive, that don't involve a PC, and (I know this is just asking too much) but handle integration into control systems well?

·
Registered
812 Posts
so heres the deal, what devices do you know of that can be used as dlna renderers?

-kodi(xbmc)/jriver
-chromecast
-some sony blurays

long term goal is integration with control4. I don't use c4 at my home but i have customers who have media servers stored on a nas and would like to use c4 as the control point with external renderers. Now c4 will handle music, but not movies, for that i need an external device. I use xbmc on windows and linux/ps3mediaserver on linux server/bubbleupnp on android myself, and have experimented with c4 and it works great. Selecting a movie from my library through c4 starts the stream on xbmc. However, most customers would not want a htpc at every tv location. What are some viable dlna media renders that aren't cost prohibitive, that don't involve a pc, and (i know this is just asking too much) but handle integration into control systems well?
nvm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts