AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after trying out a few docks and not liking what I found, I thought I'd try this one. I'd like a Wadia, but near $400. is a bit much.

The DLO homedock hd is a nice(but buggy) unit. The build quality is good(not great). The unit has a very very good interface(GUI). They give you a kwazzy digital out, meaning it's not a true digital out but it's better than the sound going thru an Op-Amp on a fully analog dock. I say this because if you take the analog output via the dock plug line out, it's less than 1 volt, and not high enough to drive the inputs on any AVR. So I'm guessing that DLO took the analog signal coming off of the Ipod DAC, ran that into a A2D chip and Y to the HDMI and optical out(yes, the HDMI has a audio signal). The sound is very good! the upsampled video is very bad!!
as I would expect from this unit.

But if I had to vote, I'd go with the HDMI for the simple ease of use.

If you've got a high end AVR, I'd say run the S-Video and let your AVR do the upsample.

I fair price for this unit would be around $125., I paid $180. from BB. On the good side, It's the best dock I've found yet.

Ipod 120 Classic to my Onkyo 705.

Docks used but did not like, Onkyo DS-A3, Apple Uni Dock, and a couple of $50.~$70. docks.

·
Premium Member
24,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OppoPX14 /forum/post/16933186

Ok, after trying out a few docks and not liking what I found, I thought I'd try this one. I'd like a Wadia, but near $400. is a bit much.

The DLO homedock hd is a nice(but buggy) unit. The build quality is good(not great). The unit has a very very good interface(GUI). They give you a kwazzy digital out, meaning it's not a true digital out but it's better than the sound going thru an Op-Amp on a fully analog dock. I say this because if you take the analog output via the dock plug line out, it's less than 1 volt, and not high enough to drive the inputs on any AVR. So I'm guessing that DLO took the analog signal coming off of the Ipod DAC, ran that into a A2D chip and Y to the HDMI and optical out(yes, the HDMI has a audio signal). The sound is very good! the upsampled video is very bad!!
as I would expect from this unit.

But if I had to vote, I'd go with the HDMI for the simple ease of use.

If you've got a high end AVR, I'd say run the S-Video and let your AVR do the upsample.

I fair price for this unit would be around $125., I paid $180. from BB. On the good side, It's the best dock I've found yet.

Ipod 120 Classic to my Onkyo 705.

Docks used but did not like, Onkyo DS-A3, Apple Uni Dock, and a couple of $50.~$70. docks.

The DLO dock was on Amazon recently for below 150.00!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.