AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the subject states. I am looking to aquire a projector soon, which will be connected to a htpc, digital cable with 1080i channels, and a rp56 dvd player. Thus I am looking into projectors that will mix these three well. I am leaning toward DLP due to the higher contrast ratio's (blacks are important to me), would like something that does 16:9 natively, as this will mostly be used for DVD playback. However i am excited about the 1080i HBO my cable company offers and would like to have something that handles that resolution well.

Now I turn it over to you to offer some suggestions on where to start as far as Projectors that will fill my needs.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Wrong forum if you're looking for 16x9 DLPs.

I'd say think about the Sony HS10 (16x9, high res for HDTV, good contrast) but i don't know if its contrast will be good enough to you because it'll still be behind DLP. Same goes for the ae300 and Sanyo Z1, which also have good contrast ratios and are 16x9.

As for DLP, I hear the Infoxus X1 is quite awesome for the price. If you want to kick up the price, you might want to look into the NEC HT1000. That baby should have one of the finest images around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.