AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I await shipping of the Panamorph to finish off my Dlp install I have bee thinking that I have read very little about Dlps that have been ISFed.

Anyone had any experience in measuring and adjusting a Dlp to D6500. I also remember reading that the Philips color analyzer can not be used for Dlps as it will not properly read a Dlp. Is this true and why ? (my Isf guy used Philips on my crt)

I guess I am so used to owning a Crt that these Dlp bulb things present new territory to me. Sure I will get an Isf guy to calibrate my Dlp but I still like to have some knowledge of what goes on.

I know the much talked about NEC LT-150 has gray scale adjustments so a few must be looking into the process and reporting their findings.

Most Dlps I have seen look like they are running at high color temps out of the box so I expect blue to need a big cut. I also take it that any RGB cuts and gains are done to the bulb ? Or are these done in the electronics ? I also imagine that these electonic settings are set via a scope at the factory.

I will be most interested in what primary colors are on the wheels of the many Dlps around. Perhaps we can see some form of Secrets type review on this "Stacy".

DavidW

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.