Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Watching the screen very close, 1 feet.

I see sort of flashing, snowing pixels on dark coloured areas, ie. dark grey, dark blue.

Bringing up the internal meny / test pattern of my SIM2HT200DM, i notice a very slight vibration of the pixels, pulsating vibration.

Note, this vibration is less then 0.5mm in width and is only noticable at less then 10 cm from the screen.

2 normal characteristic artifacts of the DLP technology ?

Anders

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Yep. This is due to the flashing images of the color wheel. Get your nose out of the screen and sit back and enjoy the movie.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Can't enjoy movies quite yet ;)

I masked my screen this weekend with black borders that i sprayed with black paint.

I thought i had done everything correctly, applying masking tape and protecting the image area with pieces from cardboard boxes.

When i removed the cardboard sheets, i saw that a lot of paint had accidentily been blown on the image area :(

Well, the screen only costed me 350 $ so the loss is not hat great.

By the way, thanks for your reply.

Anders

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Also if using HTPC or scaler make sure you set phase and tracking as if either of these are out you will have a less than rock solid image

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
When I watch the screen from within one foot away, I get large shawdows. Anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
LOL :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.