AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to DLP technology, but wondered if anyone had ever experienced this or something similar, because I'm sure this isn't normal. The TV is a Samsung HL-S5086W, 50 inch. This anomaly is visible regardless of the input signal, component, HDMI, standard broadcast, and with the DVD player. A bluish tint is visible on the lower right, at the very bottom of the picture extending up about an inch. It's most easily visible with a white or bright solid background, and in the attached sample photo, I used a solid background to demonstrate.

It can be difficult to see watching regular programs (it's definitely there), but now that I know that it's there, I can't take my eyes off of it! Would this be considered a flaw worthy of a service call? The TV is only about 2 months old, and well within warranty. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

In the Example 2 picture, there is NO shadow at the bottom, what you see is that blue tint.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Looks like the typical collapsing light tunnel problem. Call for service. They will likely change the light engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.