AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DLP fatal atraction or true improvement over lcd.

I got a plv-60 and I am always think about of the supossed improvement of dlp

But i see dpx-1 and davis cinema one and i dont see the improvement i see the picture and i think

Than plv-60 is better than those but and the sharp xv-z9000 and news 1280x720 dlp.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello,

there is an huge improvment between the projectors you mentioned. I saw them a few times. The main improvment is in blöack level and contrast. When you don't see the difference there must be a problem with your configuration or the machines are broken.

Bye

Peter

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Javier,

I have seen the Yamaha DLP at three different locations in the city I live in. In all three cases the demonstration was pretty poor. I know this is a trait of DLP, but a combination of the DPX-1and the retailers that set them up for public demonstration.

I would consider finding an owner of a Sharp 9000, Marantz VP12S1, SIM2 HT300, etc. and compare those aspects between the two competing technologies that you, personally, are interested in comparing in order to determine if an 'improvement' exists in your eyes or not.

By finding an owner, you may be able to spend time finding a calibrated demonstration and not some hap-hazard store setup that could leave you otherwise with negative opinions.

·
Registered
502 Posts
@ Javier

I think, this will be a very very personal impression. It will not based on facts. But its like "LOVE",

"where love will come up, no gras will come up"

I don´t want to blame or bother you, but be happy with your personally pj

therefor I ask your pardon for my written down thoughts

hb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.