AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my foray into CRT projectors turned out to be a bone-headed move for my situation but o well, if that's the biggest mistake I make in my life then I'm in for an awesome life. So anyway because of this I've decided to sell it and buy a Mitsubishi HD1000U since it's mad brightness will be fine for cutting through some minor ambient light that killed the contrast on my CRT.

My first question is to all you gamers out there, I've heard DLP has some minor lag when playing games (like tenths of a second) has anybody experience this? I'm just a little concerned that on faster paced games like Ninja Gaiden Sigma where pulling off certain things can come down to a button press in a split second this will screw me over.

My second question is a little unorthodox I believe. I'll be taking this to college so I'll be going for the big screen whenever I can but if my roommate is studying while I'm playing (or vice versa) and there's too much light to play on the big screen would I be able to just move the Projector REALLY close to the screen and knock the image down to like 37-40"? I can't see what would be the problem with this but you never know. That's a big thing because strangely enough because of that reason my display purchase decision came down to this or a 32" Sony Bravia for $999 and I don't want a dinky little 32" screen, if I'm going high-def I wanna see every little detail that's only possible on the big screen.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
I don't play many games on my DLP but I have never seen even a split second of lag on anything I have ever viewed with it. Games I don't see why they would be different.

Yes you can move the projector pretty close to the screen until you run out of focus. I have a thread linked below where I did just that and used a very dark screen. As you get closer the FL go up and you can use a darker lower gain screen and get better ambient viewing so in your case a win win. Each projector has a min screen size listed.

Sorry about the CRT thing I remember reading that thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.