AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a DLP set carried down the stairs on it's side? going to move my home theater to the basement and the steps have a 90 degree corner to turn on and i seriously doubt that a large set can be carried down holding it upright. Should be fine on its side though. Just not sure if that would cause any issues to the set be doing so. Anyone know?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032
Has anyone had a DLP set carried down the stairs on it's side? going to move my home theater to the basement and the steps have a 90 degree corner to turn on and i seriously doubt that a large set can be carried down holding it upright. Should be fine on its side though. Just not sure if that would cause any issues to the set be doing so. Anyone know?
I'll be the first to say that I don't have any firsthand physical knowledge of assembling these sets, but based on the basic components inside it, there shouldn't be any problem as long as you are careful to move and tilt it slowly and don't accidentally slam it into the wall or something.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My friend brought is samsung DLP tv home from the store on it's side in his SUV. A 30 minute drive. Everything was ok when he got home.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. just thinking about getting one of the 1080P 70"+ sets so hopefully that will work. I'll have it delivered and the carriers can take the responsibility :D .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.