AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking closely at the halo produced by my LT150 I noticed that it had a pixel like structure. It appears that there are unused pixels. I counted 42 pixels on the left side for instance (didn't count the other sides). Do the DMDs really have a higher resolution than the one being utilized by the projector? Is it possible to somehow use these unused pixels? There are two uses I'm thinking of, and one is for instance using the halo area and reducing the image size thus reducing the halo itself. The other use I'm thinking of is shifting the image slightly to the left so the dead pixel I have is in the halo area instead of in the picture.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi

As Far as I know it is so!

The halo is formed by unused pixels!

By using this unused pixels (only a new controller) on the 800X600 DLP-Chip Ti sells now the Dual-Mode DLP-Chip.

According to your dead pixel - call NEC an they will ship you a new unit!

A big advantage of the dlp's is the 0 Pixel-defects law by ti http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

- juras -

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could get it replaced. However since I imported it from the US I would then have to go through the retailer I ordered it from and that would be quite a pain. The dead pixel is only in the second column anyway so I never notice it during viewing. It's just annoying knowing that it's there at all.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
40 Posts
Frode,

I am seeing something I would call "halo's" but I'm not sure its the ame thing you are seeing. Could you describe a little more specifically what a "halo" is?

------------------

David

·
Registered
88 Posts
@frode

Just give NEC a Call an see what happens! (if you not did it already)Often they ask only for the serial!

You have a NEC product and they give 3 years of guarantee in Europe - that's the point - regardless where you bought the unit!

------------------

- juras -

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David,

Halo is a border around the whole projected image where you'll notice it's slightly brighter than the rest. On my LT150 the border is approximately 10cm on each side.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
848 Posts
I saw the pixel structure in the halo area, too. I didn't take the time to count, but it could have been 42 pixels as you say.

I wondered if I'm really getting all 768 columns active because I couldn't figure out how to prevent smearing of some of the pixels, no matter how I set the position/clock adjustment. I was using a test pattern that someone recently posted. It was originally generated for D-ILA testing, but I think it should work the same for this DLP.

Anyway, I'm curious what can be done with these pixels. Did we really buy a 810x1024 display?

-yogaman

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heh.. I think we probably bought a 1100x850 DMD ^_^

------------------

/frode

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.