AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a samsung DLP RP but the sales guy told me the DLPs were the absolute worst performers in a well lit room. My set will be in a room with lots of windows.

What do you owners find?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
TCP:

The salesperson was incorrect. In fact, DLPs are among the best performers in a well-lit room. Front projectors and CRT-based RPTVs suffer from too much ambient light.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I agree with mnilan. One of the main reasons I got my Panasonic was that it looked much better in a brightly lit room than CRT based RPTVs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With the anti glare screen it looks better then a tube with all the reflections. As long as the light is not shinning right on the screen the picture is fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have HLN617W for a week now, and one of the reasons to go with DLP was to be able to use the set in a very bright day light settings in our Family room. The PQ is good for regular cable, and better for SD and HD. For the reference, it looks about the same PQ compared to 27" Sony we had in the same room. At night, PQ matches for regular cable PQ on 27" set, as far as our subjective observation can conclude. Of course, it is a lot better for HD.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm with mnilan, the worst performers in a brightly lit room are Front projection and CRT based RPTV's. I use my HLM507 in my living room with the lights on and it looks similar in brightness to an old CRT television.

·
Registered
713 Posts
One of the main reasons I got the 507 was to be able to watch in a room with all lights on. No problems at all. The anti-glare screen is great.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.