AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my Samsung 507W ISF Calibrated in a few weeks and I have a couple of questions for the ISF calibrators who frequent this forum. (I guess I’m looking for a basic calibration to get the blacks as good as possible while enabling as much detail in the shadows. I’m pretty much satisfied with the picture apart from this.) I was only thinking of having it done for the DVD input as the SD picture quality from my cable is so bad.

So here’s my questions ….

1) Do I need to ask the calibrator if they are familiar with the calibration of DLP sets and the 507W in particular - or would this be a bit of an insult?

2) What equipment does the calibrator need – I see some ISF calibrators only have a “Color Analyzer†while some also have an “ISF Optical Comparatorâ€. Does my guy need the Comparator?

·
Registered
853 Posts
The calibrator will need an analyzer that properly reads the particular spectrum of light where DLP technology resides. Most of the popular manufactuers of analyzers have new pods specific to this task.

In support of the analyzer, most top calibrators will have an optical comparison device of some type. This is to confirm accurate results.

It would also benefit all involved to confirm if the calibrator has familiarity with your set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.