AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many hours should you expect from a DLP lamp?

I have a 2007 Mitsi with over 6000 hours.....just wondered how many hours most people get?

·
Registered
251 Posts
6000 is a lot. Mine only lasted till 6000. OSRAM and Phillips will last till about then. The cheaper Chinese ones can only last about 4000 hrs. I would order a new one now. Most likely the one your using is getting dim.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy sabre /forum/post/19517149

How many hours should you expect from a DLP lamp?

I have a 2007 Mitsi with over 6000 hours.....just wondered how many hours most people get?

About 6900 hours on my 2007 WD-65831 before replacing...it just started to dim a bit and I replaced it. Did not wait for it to go completely out.

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
There are been many reports of over 10k hours.

Pick up a lamp, install that and keep the original as a spare. This way, since the warranty on a new lamp starts when you purchased it, it doesn't sit in a box unused, running the counter down. If it sits in a box for a year (whatever the warranty period is), the clock still ticks. You then install it and it's bad, guess what?

At least with your original (used) lamp, if the new one blows six months from now, you aren't without a spare until it gets replaced.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

I have a Frys 5 year warranty that covers one lamp so I called and had them order one for me.

I vaguely remember when i got the TV that most people said 3-4000 was the norm.......glad I got over 6000 hours... may let it ride for a while and then replace when it gets too dim........family says they haven't noticed much dimming yet.

Does any one know if there is a way to reset the hours on the WD-65734?

Is there any other cleaning or maint I should do when repalcing the lamp?

By the way this has been a solid TV so far :)

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
I don't think many sets allow resetting lamp life (probably by design). The counter is more a 'up time' than for the lamp.

Just record the time and date when you change the lamp, place it on the back of the set for future reference. That way you have both the 'on' time and ;amp time available,

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce /forum/post/19532929

I don't think many sets allow resetting lamp life (probably by design). The counter is more a 'up time' than for the lamp.

Just record the time and date when you change the lamp, place it on the back of the set for future reference. That way you have both the 'on' time and ;amp time available,

I couldn't reset the counter on my WD-65833. And I can't complain about the lamp I just replaced. It had 10426 hours on it when I put the new one in this morning...

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
I bet there was a huge difference in screen output.

PS; welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce /forum/post/19556564

I bet there was a huge difference in screen output.

PS; welcome to the forums.

Yeah... It's like I just got a brand new TV...
It's funny how I really didn't notice a difference (until just recently) as the lamp dimmed. Now I can wait a few more years until the price of the LaserVue comes down...

I've been a lurker for a LONG time... I've been absorbing info from this site for years... Finally had something to say.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts