AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any furniture manufacturers that make furniture specific to the new thinner lighter RPTV's? I did some searching and I found a reference to the following page: http://www.hookerfurniture.com/

Very nice furniture but more tailored towards CRT based systems and of course plasma systems.

Specifically most armoires are no less than 24" deep. I was hoping for something thinner. Probably being too picky huh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
rcase13:

Too picky? Never! :D Remember that you need to put your components somewhere, so 24 inches isn't too bad...

Furniture manufacturers haven't "caught up" to the needs of today's technology. For example, I have to have wheels or casters on my stand (I have a DLP which only weighs 78 pounds but hauling out all those components too - receiver, tape, 2 DVD players, ICBM, CD player, digital cable STB 0 whew!) to get to the backs of the components. I finally found a WoodTechnology stand that was wide enough (almost) for my DLP that matched our oak bookshelves and also had six casters on it. I'm still not 100% satisfied though - I'm still looking...

Good luck!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got me thinking and your right. I will need 18" just for my receiver plus a couple more for breathing room.

I guess I will just have to get used to a 24" depth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.