AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmino02 /forum/post/19632209

That's what I've been hearing. What about the Xpand's? Are they any good?

XpanD's came with my TV. I wouldn't buy them, they put a "blue" hue on blacks. There is a clear difference when you switch back and forth between them and the Optomas. The Optomas are clear and represent the true colors.

·
Registered
460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs /forum/post/19640850

XpanD's came with my TV. I wouldn't buy them, they put a "blue" hue on blacks. There is a clear difference when you switch back and forth between them and the Optomas. The Optomas are clear and represent the true colors.

So what are the masses recomending for DLP Link glasses for use with a front projector?

The Optoma ZG?

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is my question as I just bought the transmitter that comes in the Mitsu start kit, but need to buy glasses and hoping to spend as little as possible. What model Optoma's are ideal? This is getting expensive... sheesh. I blame the headphones and sound though, lol.

·
Registered
359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbroad572 /forum/post/19646623

This is my question as I just bought the transmitter that comes in the Mitsu start kit, but need to buy glasses and hoping to spend as little as possible. What model Optoma's are ideal? This is getting expensive... sheesh. I blame the headphones and sound though, lol.

If by transmitter you mean IR emitter, you need to buy IR glasses. The Optomas I was talking about are DLP link. It will not work with IR emitter. The 738 has DLP link technology which means you don't need an IR emitter (unless that is your preference), but that would require you to use DLP link glasses.

In my mind, spending as little as possible would be to just purchase DLP link glasses (Optoma = around $80 when I bought mine). The 738/838 series had a firmware update that allows the TV to convert the various 3D formats to checkerboard (no adapter required)....and since the TV has DLP link technology, that means all you would need to purchase is DLP link glasses (no emitter required)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey i have a 73" mitsubishi and i have the whole 3d set up it works great and i love it but i would like to invest in getting some more glasses.

1. will any pair of glasses work for any tv? or do i need to have a certain brand?

2. will the avatar 3d panasonic pack will those glasses work for the dlp tv? cause i would really like that movie and i could use the extra glasses does anyone know?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a Samsung DLP, bought the Mits box with the Geffen spoofer from tru3d.com, and also Viewsonic PG-150 DLP-link glasses. I returned the Viewsonics, as they refused to stay in sync and flickered alot. I tried everything, and after reading about similar experiences from others, decided to purchase the Xpand 103 universal glasses with IR emitter. They work flawlessly. What a relief! I highly recommend the X103's over the DLP-link glasses, as the DLP-link works by light pulses that are emitted between frames and apparently doesn't work that well if the light output is low, as in dark scenes in video games, etc.

·
Registered
359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmino02 /forum/post/0

The Xpand glasses flick on and off 3D mode alot. There's something wrong with the shutter effect on the glasses. Does the Optomas have this problem as well?

You wouldn't happen to have an emitter plugged in would you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts