AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just my Sainsonic Zodiac 904 3D glasses for my Optoma HD131xe. They work as advertised but I don't like the amount of tint that the glasses have. Do all DLP Link glasses have that much tint on them? I noticed that all the True Depth Firestorm XL glasses seem to have very little tint on their advertised photos but I'm sure they are photoshopped to look almost clear. I also have the option of using RF glasses on this projector so I was wondering does anybody know if the RF glasses have this much tint as well? I am not a projector newbie but i am a 3D newbie.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I believe they (DLP Link) do. It's because they get their signal from the bright flashes via the screen, so I'm assuming the lenses need to be darker.

As for RF, I have a set of Optoma RF glasses. I didn't like them. Image-wise, not much difference than iR glasses, however, there was a low level/high pitch (if that is the correct way to describe it) whining noise that the glasses emitted. They are radio frequency, so that is probably what I was hearing. I never really had much luck with them, though. Got them to configure once with the VIP box. Haven't used them since. What a waste. Got 3 of them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopLord  /t/1526332/dlp-link-glasses#post_24610331

I believe they (DLP Link) do. It's because they get their signal from the bright flashes via the screen, so I'm assuming the lenses need to be darker.

As for RF, I have a set of Optoma RF glasses. I didn't like them. Image-wise, not much difference than iR glasses, however, there was a low level/high pitch (if that is the correct way to describe it) whining noise that the glasses emitted. They are radio frequency, so that is probably what I was hearing. I never really had much luck with them, though. Got them to configure once with the VIP box. Haven't used them since. What a waste. Got 3 of them.
Cool, thanks for that info! I guess I will give it a shot and buy at least 1 pair of the True Depth Firestorm XL to see how clear the lenses are.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm getting the new benq w7500 and need glasses. From what I've read, I haven't seen any negatives (except cost and perhaps weight) for the Benq glasses. But does

anyone know if there's a quality difference between the standard 25.001 model and the new 25.002 version? The 002 has moved the receiver from the side to the

bridge, and the side panels appear broader, but I can't find if they actually deliver better quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts