AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a 50" rear projection and was thinking about the Sony KF-50XBR800 or the Panasonic PT-50LC13 which are both LCD. Now someone told me to go only with the DLP. Is DLP really better? And which 50" rear projection tv would you recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Simple...

If you want to get the best - CRT RPTV get the Mitsu. If you don't want CRT (Size, weight, ambient light, convergence, screen-burn) get a DLP or LCD.

Get the Panny LCD if your budget is under $2500, or if you are affected by rainbows.

Get the Sammy DLP over the Panny LCD if you can afford, it and are not affected by rainbows.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vin1
I'm looking to buy a 50" rear projection and was thinking about the Sony KF-50XBR800 or the Panasonic PT-50LC13 which are both LCD. Now someone told me to go only with the DLP. Is DLP really better? And which 50" rear projection tv would you recommend?

Thanks!
Hello

I just bought a hitachi 50v500 yesterday , a LCD projector as well. I think DLP is slightly better than LCD but cost quite a few hundred more. most people would agree Samsung DLPs offer the best picture quality among all the non-CRT projector right now.

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.