Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help !!!

My CTX (pre Optoma) EzPro 710 has recently started losing the blue color. It's not continuous (i.e. sometimes the image is fine) but more and more, the image displayed will not contain any blue (most of the time the blue flickers on/off). This is not 'input' specific (i.e. occurs with composite, s-video and VGA inputs - actually occurs on the 'blue' (now black) screen at startup. It comes and goes but more and more it's staying longer and longer.

I have no idea how many hours are on the bulb so it could be that but I'd be very surprised it a dead bulb on a DLP did this (although I really don't know much about the technology).

Anyone have any idea on what causes this and how to fix it?

Please let me know,

Mike

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
It cannot be the bulb or the DMD chip (which is used for all three colors). It must be something in the logic. I suggest taking it to repair.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rlsmith
It cannot be the bulb or the DMD chip (which is used for all three colors). It must be something in the logic. I suggest taking it to repair.
Or possibly something on the blue part of the colorwheel?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again,

thanks for the input.

It's probably something in the logic since it's looks like an electrical problem (comes and goes) and it's also 'absolute' - either the picture is fine or there is no blue at all - if it was something on the colorwheel, I would think that I would only lose the color on a portion of the image.

I probably will have to take in it although unfortunately I don't believe there's anywhere locally that I can bring it so I'll proobably have to send it somewhere for servicing.

Thanks again,

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.