AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a DLP TV and looking under 50 inches. I know that mitsubishi and Samsung are the most popular and reliable DLP's. I'm looking for a tv that basically has everything so there will be little need for tv upgrades. I'm looking into this particular DLP by Samsugn, http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...UseBVCookie=No

and I've found a couple of nice sites where that tv is around 2300. If you guys have an recommendations for what tv would be best by all means tell me.

I want to have multiple inputs and a high contrast ratio and the hdmi and div inputs together are great.

Thanks in advance for all the help and thanks everyone for the contributions to these boards, I don't know what I'd do without them.

· Registered
3,903 Posts
See my "Beam Me Up" thread. Unfortunetly it's a 50" if space is a concern. But the price should match out to your choice.

· Registered
16,403 Posts
The Samsung is an excellent set (I bought my 56" Sammy DLP 14 months ago, and love it). Since everyone's tastes are different, you need to spend time comparing them so you can choose what looks best to your eyes (nobody else can tell you what you will like best). You really can't go wrong with either the Mits or the Sammy!

· Registered
78 Posts
I have panny DLP with Dishnetwork HD and SD package on DN 811 receiver for last three weeks now. SD and HD both looks great on Panny DLP. All my fears related to poor SD PQ unfounded. The HD quality is great! I would recommand panny 50" dlp.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard trouble with DLP's with the color configuration and how i believe some of the bulbs don't realigh automatically, i just wanted to know if you guys have experienced any kind of problems like that.

Also where is the best site for the best deals on these tvs. Ive been checking out audioexcellence and circuit city but wanted to know where you guys got your tvs and accessories.

thanks again everyon for the help and I appreciate all the feedback from you guys

· Registered
16,403 Posts
I bought my Sammy DLP 14 months ago, and have not had a single problem. The bottom line is that since everyone's tastes are different, one needs to compare sets for themselves, and go with whatever looks best to him/her.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea thats why im asking if anyone has had any problmes with their brand/set. I'm leaning towards the Sammy with the link i originally posted but if i can find anything thats better equipped or has better picutre i'll check it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.