AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I swore that I would never buy a plasma tv. I was always so biased towards lcd, and then DLP for the shear size and quality. I currently have a DLP but am looking to upgrade to a plasma. Only problem is that I am really worried about glare. I've seen the new panasonics and pioneers and have been blown away by the picture quality and awesome colors. So the question I have is how bad is glare really going to be with a north facing 10' wide x 5' high window and the tv on either the west wall or in the SW corner of the room? Overall room dimensions is about 25 long by 20 wide.

Also, what size would be best for a viewing distance of 10-15 feet?

I've read all the rave reviews of the pioneer 5080 720p set. I have a ps3 and wonder if the lack of 1080p on that particular set is an issue? Sound is not a factor since i have a separate surround sound system.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I had an LCOS RP before the plasma. Glare will certainly be an issue but worth the improved PQ, imo. Remember glass crt's? think similar and use window treatments accordingly or place out of direct sunlight. I have a 42" in a room with sliding glass door, a sit in window, and a bay window.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts