AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my continuing search for the best pj for me, (my wife thinks I'm nuts), I went to another dealer who told me that if I plan on watching std def tv at all, then I should go with an LCD. He wanted to sell me the Yamaha LPX510, and by the way, if they come down in price any more, they wont be on this forum.

Thats the first I heard that LCD is better than DLP with poor input quality.

Any truth to that?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
All depends on the quality of the video deinterlacing. As I understand it, the only really good video deinterlacing out there is the venerable Faroudja DCDi. Whatever you buy should have this on board. Whatever projector you're interested in, do a rigorous search of these boards for discussion on and pay particular attention to posts about the quality of the internal scaling and deinterlacing.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHouck
All depends on the quality of the video deinterlacing. As I understand it, the only really good video deinterlacing out there is the venerable Faroudja DCDi.
The Faroudja, HQV, and Gennum chips are the only "really good" chips currently, but there are other options like the Trident chip which are perfectly adequate for most people's needs.

·
Registered
956 Posts
LCD or DLP shouldn't matter, it's the deinterlacer that primarily matters. If an LCD product just happens to have better deinterlacing, it'll look better on SDTV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.