AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a NEC HT1000 for several years and have decided to take the plunge to a new 1080P projector in the 3,000 dollar and under category. What is the best DLP projector available in that price range and how would it compare to the EPSON 8700 which would be my first choice in a LCD projector.

Thanks for your imput!

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
Stretch that $3,000 budget by just a hair and you could have a new JVC RS40.

Contact Jason Turk here on AVS and get yourself set up on the pre-order list.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hutnicki /forum/post/19537169

at this point, you have three choices, the Epson 8700 (good projector), the JVC HD250 which is in the same league with better blacks and the JVC RS40 (a little more money) that will give you an incredible image with 3D

He said DLP and you mention 3 LCoS ....

·
Banned
2,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint /forum/post/19536006

I have owned a NEC HT1000 for several years and have decided to take the plunge to a new 1080P projector in the 3,000 dollar and under category. What is the best DLP projector available in that price range and how would it compare to the EPSON 8700 which would be my first choice in a LCD projector.

Thanks for your imput!

BenQ W6000 is very bright and has a sharp image...Not much to dislike...if you're good against RE. Probably should post in the under 3000 thread.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your suggestions so far. Having always owned DLP projectors how do LCD and LCOS projectors compare in terms of reliability, color and sharpness of picture. I am also concerned about dust issues with LCD. Any comments on this?

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Quote:
I'm curious...people are raving about the new JVC's PQ, but I didn't even think they were out yet. Are people seeing previews or something?
If you are talking about the JVC 250, they are out already. If you are talking about the RS40, we have seen them at the shows and having seen the progression of the RS1-RS2-RS10-RS20-RS25, we are confident that the RS40 will be outstanding

1 - 11 of 11 Posts