Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Textf>

I'm a new comer in this forum, although I've been visiting this section numerous times in the past two months.

I first came across a demo of Seleco HT200 with the "Gladiator" and "U571" two months ago, which impressed me so much that I started searching infos for the latest HT technologies and products. Eventually I came to this forum and learned a lot from experienced HT lovers participating here from time to time.

The look of a product as well as its performance is always in my consideration when I decided to go for it. After serious thoughts, the HT200DM and Sony10HT(or11HT) are the 2 projectors for my choice to build my first home cinema right away !!

The good impression of HT200 is still in my mind-except the rainbow effect. So the new HT200DM should be my final choice. However, when comparing the specs, I'm a bit concern on the 848X600 resolution of HT200DM against the 1366X768 of Sony's10HT, can anyone advise the visual differences in real life situation.

If one day I use an external scaler to upconvert the source rate to match the native rate of the projectors, will the Sony beat the Seleco in a big way?

I noticed that the resolution of the progressive DVD signal is 640X480, will a scaler converting it to 800X600 before feeding into HT200DM improves the picture quality ?

Lastly, what is "screen door" as always being mentioned in this HT forum?

Look forward to hearing your valuable advices.

AVLoufer

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi,

I've had My VW10HT for 18 months now and think its great. Its been calibrated and setup and I also run 720p via the HTPC. Picture is awsome.

Recently I saw the HT200DM and am thinking about an upgrade to it. The picture was full of life and dimension. far better than the HT200, with the added bonus of no colour wheel problems.

I cant wait for the true 16:9 DPL's with higher resolution.

Sparky

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sparky,

Your words "The picture is full of life and dimension" is just the impression I got from the HT200, but I'm still concern on its resolution.

I was very satisfied with its image quality when playing DVDs such as "Gladiator", "The 5th element", "Little Stuart" and the latest "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" with great colors and details. But I felt disappointed with the picture when sources were not as good as the above mentioned, i.e.MI-2. That makes me think of a need to use a external scaler in future.

Again, will a resolution of 848X600 satisfies your need if you already own one which can delivers higher resolution (1366X768) ?

Thanks for your information on the 10HT.

AVLoufer

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sparky,

this is interesting - in which way did the HT200DM improve over the HT200? I have seen the HT200 and liked it a lot, except for the rainbow effect and the still visible screendoor (oh, and the price). If it got even better...

I am sure the 1280x720 HT300 will be awesome with HDTV.

Holger

·
Premium Member
25,537 Posts
" But I felt disappointed with the picture when sources were not as good as the above mentioned, i.e.MI-2. That makes me think of a need to use a external scaler in future."

Careful - the assumption that a scaler will help may not be true.

Many have commented that this DVD is too dark; perhaps a DVD player or video processor with gamma control would help (I have an Elite Video processor that changed U571 from mostly invisible to very watchable, without washing out the image).

------------------

Noah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.