AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, with the Optoma, Viewsonic and Acer projectors out now, there should be significant "3D watching" knowledge from people using both DLPlink and Nvidia glasses.

What is the verdict? So far, it's all over the map. Some say the DLPlink contrast is washed out because of the white flashing frame that syncs the glasses. Others say the DLPlink glasses are clearer. Some say the Nvidia glasses are better.

What is your experience????

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
I use both... The Nvidia glasses have more sync issues for me. HTPC's are a PITA in general. I pre-ordered the Optoma converter.

On my projector, I do not see a drastic diffiference on the 3D or PQ on either format.

I have X102's and some Viewsonic DLP link glasses. I have pretty many pairs of the 3D Vision glasses as well.

I have used them at the same time and that seems to work fine for me as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just installed the ViewSonic PJD6531w with both the nVidia 3D glasses/kit and the Xpand 102's.

IMHO, the Xpand glasses are clearer, brighter and just plain better. The nVidia glasses would disconnect often if I turned away from the emitter whereas the Xpands keep on trucking for awhile.

So far I have watched 3 Blu-ray 3D movies via the Cyberlink Mark II player and I am VERY pleased. Now to stream Directv and 2D content and I'll be happy!

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Are you having any left / right reversal issues? I have not had any, but there is a guy in 3D Tech on these forums that claims it's a bad issue.

On the Nvidia glasses? On the install, did you pick the second option.. Something about having other IR devices in the room? If so go back and change it to the first option. The sync is downrigth terrible in that other mode.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/19615446

Are you having any left / right reversal issues? I have not had any, but there is a guy in 3D Tech on these forums that claims it's a bad issue.

On the Nvidia glasses? On the install, did you pick the second option.. Something about having other IR devices in the room? If so go back and change it to the first option. The sync is downrigth terrible in that other mode.

Check my response in that thread, I tried to explain it the best I could. Overall, it's a non-issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts