Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The DMCA is suppressing this link!

Actually I couldn't duplicate the problem with the link...but just in case, here is the text:

Celine Dion unleashes wave of destruction on Mac users

My heart will go on, but not my iMac...

Please don't hurt me Celine

Canadian songstress Celine Dion is causing Mac users even more distress than normal by rendering their brand new iMacs unusable.

Celine's latest CD, A Day Has Come, is one of a number of recent album releases that features the controversial copy-protection technology, which prevents it from being played or recorded in a PC.

Last month, Celine Dion fans were warned that playing the CD on a PC could cause the machine to crash and possibly damage the firmware.

However, it transpires that if the Canadian warbler's disc is placed in a new flat-screen iMac, the CD can't be removed or the computer restarted.

The machine then has to be sent for repair, which means you've got to return it to Apple and ask its technicians to kindly remove the Celine Dion CD from the drive.

According to Mac User magazine, an Apple dealer confirmed to the Campaign for Digital Rights that playing the disc in an iMac will result in the machine having to be sent for repair.

Other titles to feature the technology include White Lilies Island by Natalie Imbruglia, White Ladder by David Gray, the Star Wars Episode 2 soundtrack and All this Time by Sting.

whew...that is a long one.

Great info about circumventing the protection scheme...too bad you will be doing hard time soon for publishing that link! Your sacrafice will always be remembered!;)

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Chris:

___Thanks for the Slashdot info … I followed up the article to the German site and well, screw you Celine, Jay-Ho, Sting, and whoever else thinks this is a cute Copy protection scheme. Damn these schemes are making me sick but they do make me LMAO when they are broken within hours :D And for anyone else interested, the Celine Dion copy protected CD tracks have already been ripped and posted to a favorite MP3 place of interest near you ;) I also loved the many comments in Slashdots forums in regards to the MPAA/RIAA and this goofy CP scheme as well. I do feel for the less knowledgeable iMac users though. This CP could become quite expensive for them.

___Thanks again.

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.