AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the TV repairman must have damaged or incorrectly placed a cable?

2007 HL-T4675s with white dots, got a free one time repair. He pulled the engine to do the repair so he did disconnect a lot of cables.

Once he put it back together the tuner would not tune, so he started a channel search and all appeared to be ok (we stopped it part-way since it takes forever, and he said the digital channels would be last to load). We checked one SD channel and there were no white dots, so he started a final channel search and off he went.

About 10 minutes after he left and the channel search completed, I checked the TV and found that the channel search did not find any digital channels, so I re-started the search to no avail. To make matters worse, the picture quality is gone. Everything looks horrible, and it's not just coloration/user settings. Also, there are faint horizontal bands going up the screen. I've turned the tv off/on to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm betting he pinched a wire or mixed something up.. I'm hoping he did not kill something permanently!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I totally disected the tv and now it's about 90% better. The tuner seems to be holding the digital channels now. The only issue I'm having now is a faint digital static on the image, but it does not happen all the time.

When I feed it a clean signal like from my xbox, I see just the faintest discoloration/static along the edges of the screen. Is it possible this could be fixed in the service menu?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts