AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panasonic makes one of the best MPEG-2 encoders I've seen, but outputting via DVD-RAM would be a chore.

Can one fill up the drive on this model and just download to a PC? I can't find mention of this anywhere - only cryptic messages concerning streaming between DMR-E500 units....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have never heard of a model DMR-E500 before? Are you sure you have the right model number? I have a DMR-E100 and it can't do what you want to do. The firewire port is only DV-IN.

I think Panasonic and other manufacturers are too afraid of the MPAA to include that feature?

Dave

·
Registered
590 Posts
The E500 is listed as being in stock at a few places, are there any early adopters here? Gotta find out about the network connectivity capablities. From what I've read there is no DV input!?!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sorry...I do remember seeing that thread. I just didn't remember that the model number was the E500. I didn't recall any owners talking about having one or using one. That $2300 MSPR is a little intimidating. Thanks for bringing me up to date.

Dave

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Robin,

The Panasonic web page I linked above indicates that the E500 DOES have DV input. Why don't you check it out. Do you have other evidence that it doesn't?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.