AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a DMR-EH75V that has stopped reading discs.  It is not making the usual noises ("FOUR "chugs" followed by lower-pitched chugs"), but just quietly searches.  I have replaced the laser assy. once (approximately a year ago with near zero post-replacement use), and it recently has started this problem.  I am hesitant to try another laser on a trial and error basis since I am wondering if it could be a pcb controller (?), ribbon cable/connector connection or in fact the laser.

Here is what I have tried:

Service mode routine 4,1, Laser used time:  about 1600 (was not reset when laser assy. was replaced)

Service mode routine 4,2, Last RAM drive error:  No error (I think F00)

Service mode routine 4,4, Laser power:  Nothing reported (because it can't find a disc?)

No error messages on the front display, (U**  etc...)

I have cleaned the spindle and laser

released and reseated ribbon cable at the laser

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lou

Recorder DMR-EH75V

DVD drive VXY1945

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Following through with this, I had AVS member  mickinct  do a repair on this, and it was great service!  It was the laser (again) and power supply capacitor(s) was replaced as preventative maintenance.  Thanks again! 

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this unit with the same problem. DVD no longer reads discs. Would replacing the drive delete the programs on the HDD? That's my main concern. Where can a replacement DVD drive be purchased? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The recorded programs will not be affected.

You can't get drives. Fortunately, very fortunately, you can get a laser assembly. I've done this (as mentioned above).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts