Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just got a new Panny DMR-HS2 and have a Cox digital cable box (Explorer 3100 HD) I was hoping that the DMR-HS2 IR function signals would be similar to a Panasonic VCR's basic funtions - On, Off, Rec etc. But, no luck in getting it to operate the unit. Does anyone know the four digit code that I need to get the cable box to talk to the HDD Recorder??

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Lonnie

·
Registered
365 Posts
Lonnie,

I think the DMR-HS2 uses the same remote codes as standard Panasonic DVD Players. It would be nice to be able to use a cable or satellite box to trigger the HS2 to turn on and record, but there's probably not a simple way to do this. I end up having to just program the DMR-HS2's timer to record from Line 1 at a certain time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would Panasonic make a DVD recorder that's apparently designed to replace a VCR then use DVD remote signals?? It should have been programmed to accept IR signals as a VCR from STB's, Cable Box's etc.

Don't they do any consumer testing? I know it has the VCR+ Codes but I like to use my onscreen guide to highlight shows I want to record.

Wha :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be at CES for the AVS party at the Sahara, and I'll attend Thursday & Fridays events.

As far as the Pronto suggestion, I can just as easily program both machines to come on, switch channels and start recording a show. My point is, why release a recorder thats not compatible with today's STB's or cable system box's and their Onscreen 1-Touch select & record features.

That's a question I'm going to ask the Panasonic guys at CES!!

Lonnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.