Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can somebody confirm that the 'auto shutdown after x hours' feature is NOT available on the European model of the DMR-HS2?

I definitely can't find it! :confused:

Thanks!

Erik

·
Registered
306 Posts
it doesn't exist! Nor do the pro-scan componet outputs or the 'shorten segment' command that is sometimes mentioned by our US cousins, although I guess that is the same as 'partial delete'...?

Another thing that our Europen version seems imune from is the change in black level..

·
Registered
306 Posts
From what I have read around here and from my personal experiance the PAL HS2 does not have the same black level probs that the US version has but don't quote me as I am not an expert on this.

The HS2 is available in the UK modified to be region free. It costs extra and I don't know where you would stand regarding manufacturer's warranty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by AngryofMayfair
it doesn't exist! Nor do the pro-scan componet outputs or the 'shorten segment' command that is sometimes mentioned by our US cousins, although I guess that is the same as 'partial delete'...?

Another thing that our Europen version seems imune from is the change in black level..

Hi AngryofMayfair,

I guess the absence of the black level problem in European models is more important than the 'auto shut off' feature! :)

Thanks for replying,

Erik

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Just because some guy with European HS2 posted that recordings look the same as input source does not mean it has no black level problem. Recordings made on US HS2 look the same as source also because the recorder compensates during playback and black level is displayed properly. What we need is one of the owners of Euro HS2 record NTSC disc with video tests and send it to dr1394, so he can analyze it.

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
CKNA,

Is the problem that you don't trust the test?

Once and for all can someone post an explanation of what needs to be tested EXACTLY?

I mean, putting a 0IRE square, and recording it through analog inputs, then measuring what it comes out with at the output (0 IRE or 7.5 IRE). Am I correct?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
Just because some guy with European HS2 posted that recordings look the same as input source does not mean it has no black level problem. Recordings made on US HS2 look the same as source also because the recorder compensates during playback and black level is displayed properly. What we need is one of the owners of Euro HS2 record NTSC disc with video tests and send it to dr1394, so he can analyze it.
Why on earth would a European user record a NTSC Disc and send it to be analyzed?

I also do NOT have a black level problem so there are two 'guys' with NO black level problem, period.

And I sure won't send anything because I am busy enjoying my DMR-HS2...

A little more respect would be nice CKNA!

Erik.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.