AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to burn a disc with more than one giant menu listing in the discs menu!

I tried creating a play list, but it didn't seem to notice once I burned the disc. Do I have to split the program into smaller ones and burn each?

I basically have a 2 hour home movie and want to create a disc menu for different events. I understand I have to use the "title" button, and that chapter just skips ahead 5 minutes.

Any ideas ?

EJ

·
Registered
298 Posts
Each button in the menu on a DVD-R recording made with the HS2 represents a single recording (either program or playlist.) To get more than one button you need to dub multiple programs or playlists to the disk.

In your case, what you probably want to do is create one playlist for each event. You can title those playlists to describe each event. Then dub the *playlists* to DVD-R in the right order to reconstruct the whole program.

Dividing the program rather than creating playlists from it seems to delete a small section of the program right at the divide point (it may stop at the P-frame before the divide point and then begin the next segment at the P-frame after the divide point?)

One disadvantage to reconstructing the program from playlists is that if each piece does not end on black or a still image, you may notice a pause of up to a second when playback reaches the end of each playlist.

David

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David....I'll do some experimenting and give it a try.

Thanks for responding!

EJ

·
Registered
320 Posts
EJ, if you recording home moovie from camcorder or other VTR in real time to DVD-R every time you stop recording will create button for a menu.

Artur.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.