AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1: I’ve read on this board and others that when playing a disc burned with play lists , that there is a noticeable pause (about 1 sec) at the point of each play list. My hope is to transfer some vacation videos to DVD. I thought I’d add play lists so that I can go directly to certain scenes. However, most of my videos have continuous background music and when I choose to play the video from start to end, I’d prefer to not have pauses in the music. Any way around this?

Question 2: Does anyone know if retailers (BestBuy, Tweeter, etc.) price match online sites. Obviously, I’d like to get this unit for the cheaper online prices. But I like the comfort of being able to return to the retailer the unit within 30 days, if it doesn’t fulfill my wishes.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Well here in NJ, i price matched at PC richards for the HS2. it cost $999 there but i price matched crazyeddie.com(which was selling for $747). PC richards gave me the recorder for $747 plus 2 year extra warranty. I think i got a good deal.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
One way around that Cantonoro would be to archive the videos to DVD-RAM instead of DVD-R. The disks will cost more, but you can set up playlists on them and they will play seemlessly through in a single viewing. Of course, not may players will play dvd-ram, but if you are not concerned about sharing the videos with everyone else, then that would be a solution.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased mine at Soundtrack here in colorado, and they did price match a online retailer. They said it was a case by case type of thing, depending on there profit margin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.