AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should probably be directing this question at both a palmOS forum and this one.

I saw the thread about the Pronto remote "skin" for text entry to the DMR-HS2. I'm wondering if anybody has tried using palmpilot remote control software for entering text on the enter title screen.

are there direct additional codes (that are not transmitted by the remote) for direct text entry or do you just program a macro for 1-R-R-R-R to type in "5", 8-R-R to enter in "V"

Love every part of this machine apart from the text entry at the moment.

Steve

·
Registered
298 Posts
Don't know of any direct entry codes.

1-R-R-R-R gives you 5 unless you are already on the top row. Then it could be anything from 1 to 0 or even Set.

You'd need to use 100 to get to a known location (space) and then 1-R-R-R-R will always be 5.

David

·
Registered
296 Posts
David (dgb) is correct. That is how I made the Pronto "keyboard". Actually, 1/2 the keys are "100" then the # of the row then right arrow and the other half are "100" then the # of the row then left arrow. It cuts down on the number of virtual button presses needed to get to the right half of the "keyboard".

It would be great to have discrete codes, but I seriously doubt they exist. Panasonic says they don't even have discrete codes for the input selection, let alone 97 unique codes for the keyboard text.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've started programming my palm to do it - but the screen is so small, and you need separate keys for upper and lower case - I don't know how much less hassle it will be.

Now nobody has yet figured out a way of using the IR port on a PC laptop to control a TV have they? Seems that the only alternatives go the other way round (using a tv remote to control a pc).

Steve

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Combine the weak IR of the palmpilot with the narrow reception angle of the HS2 and you have a pretty lame remote control. I gave up with that one :)

Oh well.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.